Communications between school and home have never been more important -- for weather notification, emergency alerts or other general announcements. Addison-Rutland Supervisory Union is implementing the SchoolMessenger broadcast system which enables school personnel to notify households and parents by phone and email for an emergency, inclement weather, unplanned events or other school communication.
In an effort to ensure you receive these communications, please note the following:
- Please make sure the school’s office has updated contact information on file.
- Caller ID: The ARSU phone number 802-265-4905 or the local school phone number will be used for all SchoolMessenger calls.
- Live Answers: SchoolMessenger uses voice detection technology so you only need to say “hello” once. The message will usually begin in a few seconds after it detects your voice. Please note that multiple “hellos” will delay the message.
- Answering Machines/Voice Mail: The system also detects answering machines and voice mailboxes and will deliver the recorded message. Please note that the recommended number of rings for answering machines is four and be sure that recordings are free of any “pauses.”
- Message Repeat: At the end of the message you will be prompted to ‘press any key’ to hear the message again. This is very helpful when a child answers the phone and hands it to a parent, who can then ‘repeat’ the message in its entirety.